1/2 cup butter, softened
2/3 cup light brown sugar, packed
1 large egg
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
3/4 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1/4 teaspoon table salt
1 1/2 cups rolled oats
3/4 cup raisins
1. Preheat the oven to 350F
2. In a large bowl, cream together butter, sugar, egg, and vanilla.
3. In a separate bowl, combine flour, baking soda, cinnamon, salt, and nutmeg until well mixed.
4. Mix the flour mixture into the butter mixture.
5. Stir in the oats and raisins until well incorporated.
6. Line a baking sheet with parchment or wax paper.
7. Scoop the dough into even balls on the parchment paper, about two inches apart (you may need more than one baking sheet depending on the size of the cookies you make).
8. Bake for 10 to 12 minutes, removing them when they are golden around the edges.
9. Let sit on the hot baking sheet for 5 minutes before transferring to a cooling rack.
Recipe adapted from Food.com